What is Kalsarpa Yoga?
Kalsarpa yoga takes place in a natal chart when all the other seven planets in a horoscope are hemmed in between the Shadow Planets Rahu and Ketu.
Generally, Kalsarpa Yoga is feared by people everywhere as the name itself sounds really scary and dangerous. On the contrary, it is not as bad as it sounds. This combination of planets with Rahu and Ketu brings a combination of opportunities along with various issues, obstacles, and problems in quick succession or in a clubbed form. But one should not dishearten with the same Yoga as with a little effort and various remedies if the native is able to overcome the obstacles, he or she can reach new zeniths of success and fame beyond their imagination. Timely and proper consultation for this Yoga can do wonders for the person having it in his or her horoscope or Kundali.
So now the question what is the role of Rahu and Ketu in the formation of Kalsarpa Yoga? Well both the Shadow planets have a major role, to be honest.
As per Vedic astrology, Rahu is the ‘Mouth of the Black Snake’ whereas Ketu forms the ‘Tail of the Black Snake’. According to Western Astrology Rahu is known as the North Nose whereas Ketu is famously known as the South Node.
In a horoscope, a certain placement of all the nine planets (including Rahu and Ketu) are placed in a particular form. Let us assume that Rahu is placed in the First House whereas Ketu, on the other hand, is placed in the Seventh House; then the rest of the seven planets should be placed in between First and the Seventh House toward the left side of the chart.
If all planets (the remaining 7 planets in horoscope) fall in between Rahu and Ketu, they are not capable enough to show or carry out their duties with full potential as their powers diminish. The various main events of life (such as marriage, career, financial success, health, children, etc.) of the native are deeply affected.
Ill-Effects of Kalsarpa Yoga:
- Mental stress and unrest
- Personality disorder
- Aggressive nature
- The tendency to get involved in unwanted and unnecessary events and fights
- Delay in marriage
- The dispute in Married Life
- Dispute with Business Partners
- Lower Success Rate in Business Ventures
- Chronic Problems and Ailments
- Problems in Progeny
- Family Dispute and Unrest at Family Front
- Unstable Career
- Sudden Dip in Wealth and Stature
Types of Kalsarpa Yoga:
There are Twelve Types of Kalsarpa Yogas that are formed according to the various planetary positions of the Nine Planets in Horoscope (including Rahu and Ketu) in the natal chart of an individual. Following are the names of the 12 Kalsarpa Yogas along with the placement of Rahu and Ketu in various Houses:
- Anant Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the First House and Ketu in the Seventh House
- Kulik Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Second House and Ketu in Eight House)
- Vasuki Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Third House and Ketu is in the Ninth House)
- Shankpaal Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Fourth House and Ketu is in the Tenth House)
- Padam Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Fifth House and Ketu is in the Eleventh House)
- Mahapadam Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Sixth House and Ketu is in the Twelfth House)
- Takshak Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Seventh House and Ketu is in the First House)
- Karkotak Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Eight House and Ketu is in the Second House)
- Shankachood Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Ninth House and Ketu in the Third House)
- Ghatak Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Tenth House and Ketu is in the Fourth House)
- Vishdhar Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Eleventh House and Ketu is in the Fifth House)
- Sheshnaag Kalsarpa Yoga (When Rahu is in the Twelfth House and Ketu is in the Sixth House)
There are various remedies available that reduce the bad or negative effect of the Kalsarpa Yoga along with the malefic effects of planets such as Rahu and Ketu from the native’s life and also help in improving the quality of life for them by helping you cope up with the strain this Yoga brings upon you. They are:
- Keep a silver ball with you on your person when you go out. Silver metal helps mitigate the negative effects of Rahu & Ketu.
- Donate dual color woolen blankets to homeless people, a couple of times in a year. Rahu connotes old and elderly and this remedy helps bring down the negative karmas.
- Keep an elephant made of silver in your house. This helps reduce the malefic effects of Kalsarpa Yoga & the silver elephant symbolically takes the load of your problems.
- Keep a dog as a pet, if possible. Taking care and feeding dogs help. It is known to eat away bad karma as you feed the dog.
- Wear gold to reduce the malefic influence of Kalsarpa Yoga. Gold signifies Sun, the natural Atmakarka and indicator of health in a horoscope. This remedy helps to strengthen your Sun.
- Have meals sitting in the kitchen. This helps curtail the bad karmas.
- Feeding Ants and Insects
- Feeding Birds and Fish
- Donations to Orphanage, Leprosy Care Centers, Old Age Homes, Homeless and Needy People, and Differently-Abled People.
Even though Kalsarpa Yoga has many downsides to it but it is not all so bad and can be kept under control. Some renowned people of the world such as George W. Bush, Sachin Tendulkar, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Rajinikanth, and Alfred Hitchcock all have or had Kalsarpa Yoga in their respective natal charts. Yet there are remedies that can help a person to reduce or lessen the bad or negative effect of this Yoga. But one needs to follow it regularly to keep it under check.