Chakras are certain portions in the human body, and they are center points which can be elevated through meditation practices. Chakra means wheel or circle and they are energy points. This is a part of Eastern religions including Hinduism and Buddhism, followed by religious people especially gurus and monks. They used to activate these chakras for spiritual and physical nourishment and enlightenment. This is very much connected with scientific principles. These chakras are connected with color as well.
The seven chakras are
- Sahasrara, the Crown Chakra : This is the
point or chakra at the top middle portion of the head. It is connected
with the color violet. This is the portion in which people gets
liberation. It is located in the Cranium region. This is also known as
the throne of Almighty. When this point is elevated, then the person
will get the highest of enlightenment. Those who have superpowers,
there Sahasrara will be highly activated. This is compared with a lotus
with a thousand petals.
- Ajna, the Brow Chakra: This chakra is also
known as Guru chakra and third eye. Is compared with a lotus with two
petals. This is the sixth chakra as well. The two petals are seeming to
the male and female energy. These two petals are also known as Ida and
Pingala, two nadis. Location of this chakra is in the brain between the
eyebrows. Ida is a nerve on the left side of the sushumna also the left
nostril. The ida is Cool, white indicates the Moon. Pingala is the right
channel, compared to the Sun. Ida is Tamsic and Pingala is Rajasic.
- Vishuddha, the Throat Chakra: This is the
fifth chakra and also known as Throat chakra. It is indicating by a
lotus with 16 petals and with bluish color, which is not exactly blue as
well. This is situated in the pit of the throat. This chakra indicates
self-expression through communication and analysis. When this chakra is
closed, then the person is not seen as intelligent or capable. He may
lack the skill to have a good career too. This chakra represents
consciousness and creative abilities. Dreams are residing in this
chakra. This chakra also indicates vocal codes.
- Anahata, the Heart Chakra: This chakra is
connected to green color. A lotus with twelve petals and the fourth
chakra. This indicates a chakra means unhurt, or unbeaten. It is often
connected to the thymus gland. This is situated in the center of the
heart. It indicates expression and freedom. The activation of this
chakra indicates infinite grown conscious. That will lead to qualities
like bliss, peace, harmony, love, understanding, empathy, clarity,
purity, unity, compassion, kindness and forgiveness in a divine way.
- Manipura, the Solar Plexus Chakra: This chakra
is associated with the digestive system. This is represented by a ten
petalled yellow lotus. This is connected to physical and spiritual
growth. If this chakra is highly elevated, then there will be clarity,
self-confidence, bliss, self-assurance, knowledge, wisdom and the right
amount of discretionary power.
- Swadhisthana, the Sacral Chakra: This chakra is situated in the naval area. Its color is orange and it has six petals. This means own residence in Sanskrit. This chakra will start growing in the early ages of the person. This chakra is connected to desire, basic human needs, violence, creativity, and happiness. It has a connection to sexual desires as well.
- Muladhara, the Root Chakra: This chakra is located in the base of the spine, in the pelvis, and it is indicating a four-petal lotus. This is directly connected with sexual organs. This is only seen in Hinduism. This chakra controls the muscular and skeletal energy.